Thursday, May 19, 2011

Catch the Excitement!

When I was a kid I was in Boy Scouts, and I remember working on my "Citizenship in the Community" merit badge. Part of that, as I recall, was to sit in on a local board or council meeting. My grandmother took me to a meeting of the library board of the Scott Township, Pennsylvania library.

I'm not going to lie to you; I remember it as being painfully, skull-crushingly long and dull.

But one lesson I learned is that it's good way to know exactly what is going on with the tax money we pay every time we buy something. We give the government money and we trust them to make good decisions with it. And, if we don't trust them, we can go and keep an eye on them.

That said, the approved minutes of this year's library board meetings are now on the library's website. Find them here:

Library Board Meetings

On that page, you'll see when meetings are scheduled and what has been done at those that have passed.

Tell a scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...but be decent, huh?