Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Ten to Twelve Families"

Well, Food for Fines 2011 is over and I just ran the food over to the Salvation Army food pantry. As we were unloading, I asked the man helping me, Dan, if he thought our load would do any good. The large, very full boxes of canned and non-perishable goods would feed "ten to twelve" families, he said in his quick estimation and he thanked the library.

I, in turn, thank all those who paid off their fines in such a community-friendly way and who helped us to feed others not only intellectually but, for one month, physically as well.

Thank you again, Chippewa Falls.

Below is a quick little video of just part of the food we had. I couldn't fit it all on the table and some was already loaded when I shot the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...but be decent, huh?