Monday, December 5, 2011

GIve-A-Kid-A-Book Delivery

Today was the goal date for getting our "Give a Kid a Book" donations over to the Spirit of Christmas Office.

I went and dropped them off and, let me tell you, it impressed me as much this year as it did last year. Piles and piles of clothes, games, puzzles, bikes, sleds, sleeping bags, snowshoes, and BOOKS. It's moving to see, really. One frazzled worker said to me as I left:

"In an economy this bad, the generosity is still OVERWHELMING.

It looked it. I was recruited to carry a bike inside before I could leave.

The Friends of the Chippewa falls Public Library donated 250 brand new books to the effort, with special thanks going to the new BAM! in Eau Claire and the book sale that took place in November at Memorial High School in Eau Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...but be decent, huh?